Thread: Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories. How to run it ?

Member Starting To Post TheWolverine's Avatar

Default Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories. How to run it ?

I got the game and its an ISO file. I want to play in on my PS3. My ps3 is on CFW 4.46 .

So, how do I play this game ? I am very new here.

Kindly help me and what softwares do I need ?

Senior Member PS3ISO AllStar projectstab's Avatar

you need too install this package and it will leave a app on ur xmb

next go into multiman, go right till u hit retro. find your iso and it will ask u too convert it...

do that go back into where that iso was and there will be another one but called ps2 classic

+ Rep If I Helped

Senior Member PS3ISO Supporter

Download and install this and extract the files

(converting the ISO)
    Copy the ISO to "\2-TOOLS [PC]\ps2classics_GUI_v1.6.1\" (same folder as PS2Classics_GUI.exe)
    Run PS2Classics_GUI.exe and click the black folder to select your ISO and then click Encrypt
    You should now have a file called ISO.BIN.ENC.BIN.ENC.BIN.ENC, rename it to ISO.BIN.ENC

(installing the PS3 apps)
    Copy "exdata", "[PS2U10000]_PS2_Classics_Placeholder_R3.pkg" & "reActPSN_v2.23_CFW_340_4XX.pkg" to the root of your USB drive
    Plug in the USB drive, but make sure to use the right-most port of your console, the one closest to the Blu ray drive.
    Install both the PS2 Classics Placeholder and reActPSN.
    Create a new user on your PS3 called "aa", log into it and run reActPSN. Don't press anything while it's running. (it will reset your console, ignore & cancel the warning message)
    Log back in to your normal account.

Copy the converted ISO to /dev_hdd0/game/PS2U10000/USRDIR/ using Multiman or whatever you prefer.
    Now you'll be able to launch the PS2 Classics Placeholder and it'll boot the ISO.

I recommend changing "Screen Mode" to "Normal" & "Smoothing" to "On" in the PS button menu under "Other Settings".

I'm getting a memory card error and can't save my progress though it could just be the game I'm using.

Junior Member Contemporary

Quote Originally Posted by KRISPYKREMEHAT View Post
    Download and install this and extract the files

(converting the ISO)
    Copy the ISO to "\2-TOOLS [PC]\ps2classics_GUI_v1.6.1" (same folder as PS2Classics_GUI.exe)
    Run PS2Classics_GUI.exe and click the black folder to select your ISO and then click Encrypt
    You should now have a file called ISO.BIN.ENC.BIN.ENC.BIN.ENC, rename it to ISO.BIN.ENC

(installing the PS3 apps)
    Copy "exdata", "[PS2U10000]_PS2_Classics_Placeholder_R3.pkg" & "reActPSN_v2.23_CFW_340_4XX.pkg" to the root of your USB drive
    Plug in the USB drive, but make sure to use the right-most port of your console, the one closest to the Blu ray drive.
    Install both the PS2 Classics Placeholder and reActPSN.
    Create a new user on your PS3 called "aa", log into it and run reActPSN. Don't press anything while it's running. (it will reset your console, ignore & cancel the warning message)
    Log back in to your normal account.

Copy the converted ISO to /dev_hdd0/game/PS2U10000/USRDIR/ using Multiman or whatever you prefer.
    Now you'll be able to launch the PS2 Classics Placeholder and it'll boot the ISO.

I recommend changing "Screen Mode" to "Normal" & "Smoothing" to "On" in the PS button menu under "Other Settings".

I'm getting a memory card error and can't save my progress though it could just be the game I'm using.
    link dead