How to Remarry BD Drives To Other Consoles
Max1985 at DemonHades has posted a link to the complete package of the previously leaked much needed files along with what seems to be a modded ‘lv2diag.self’ that seems to be able to finally truely ‘re-marry’ a Blu-Ray drive board on a PS3 console!
Here is a short tutorial:
Ladies & Gentlemen finally we can remarry BD boards to different consoles!
* The file was just posted over at DemonHades by one of the members (max1985)
* Put these onto a blank usb stick (not the devusb folder, just it’s contents) & add a 2.30 PUP FILE!
* Put in the servive mode dongle and get into factory service mode.
* Put the newly created USB stick into port 0 (closest to the reader) and run.
* After you run the initial remarry process, do not take it out of factory service mode.
* Put a BD disc in and run it on the PS3. (This restores your DRL files!)
* The you can take it out of factory service mode.
* Launch as normal.
I have not done extensive testing yet, but have just remarried a BD board from a 60gig launch to a 40gig console.
As with all new things, doing this totally at the end-user risk, people have not done any testing on this very risky firmware progress. But a couple of facts are, their may be different models which will NOT work at all, due to the fact some BD Drives are designed for Dual-Eye lasers vs. Single-Eye lasers, and IDE vs. SATA drive hookup. Also this most likely is only designed for the FAT 256mb NAND systems, as the 16mb NOR and Slim’s use a different drive board marriage system. And finally DO NOT TRY THIS ON v3.56 consoles, as YOU CURRENTLY CAN’T EXIT SERVICE MODE!
I did not create this it is just infomation i found which is very good news for me & many other people with Bluray board failures! Im just mirroring the download
Heres the download -
Enjoy thisHTML Code:http://www.mediafire.com/?4w2g88x1bt8kgni