This is a tutorial on how to delete unwanted trophies from your Trophy Collection on the XMB permanently. Say you have a bunch of games you've downloaded and tried out to find you didn't like the game and are never gonna play it again and you're stuck with a 0% listing of all of its trophies, this will help you remove them completely.
NOTE: This will not work if you have already sync'd the trophies as the next time you sync your trophies they'll be put back onto your PS3 from Sony's servers.
1) First find the trophy folder name for the game's trophies you want to remove.
Example: GAMEZ/BLES00927/PS3_GAME/TROPDIR/NPWR01135_00 (usb) or dev_hdd0/GAMEZ/BLES00927/PS3_GAME/TROPDIR/NPWR01135_00 (internal)
2) Now that you know the trophy folder name you'll need to FTP into your PS3 and delete the installed trophy folder for that game or simply use multiMAN or Comgenie's Awesome File Manger.
3) Now when you look at your Trophy Collection on the XMB you'll notice that the games trophy image is missing, displaying a default gray image.
4) Load up that game again in your manager of choice, Gaia, Multiman etc.
5) Start it as you normally would from the XMB and when it starts the trophy installation it will error out and dump you back to the XMB.
6) Check your Trophy Collection and you'll now see that the games trophy listing is now permanently deleted.
7) Repeat for any other game trophies you want to remove from your Trophy Collection.
Have any questions, just ask.
Last edited by Blackotoo; 15th July 2011 at 08:43 PM.
this doesn't count for FIFA 11 and other games, which uses the "trophy install bar" (Battlefield Bad Company 2, FIFA 11 and so on <- maybe this "list" could be continued??) if you delete it with multiman/FTP (works with both) and start the game again, it will install the trophies again..
but i've found a trick how to do it
just quickly exit the game as soon as the message pops up "Configurate Trophies" or something like that (only know it from german language which is called "Konfiguriere Trophäen").. anyways.. be as fast as you can, every second counts! it musn't install 1% from the Trophies!! but if you are quick enough and check out your trophies again, after my method, you'll see... no FIFA 11 anymore
hope this could be inserted in the OP and maybe i'd be credited (:
Last edited by hellx; 9th March 2011 at 11:21 PM.
I'm anxious to know if deleting unwanted trophies in such a manner will cause any troubles with syncing my whole remaining trophy list later via PSN.
It's rly important to me coz the only reason i want those trophies gone - syncing remaining ones with Sony's servers. It'd be terrible to get any errors or **** like that coz of lack of knowledge.
I've already googled half of webs and maybe some info slipped past my eyes so i want to ask splendid community of ps3iso of their personal experience in such a delicate matter.
Thx in advance.
Great Tut +rep. Will deleting the TROPDIR folder or any of the contents stop any trophy's from being installed in the first place? I see no use for trophys.
This is actually pretty good, makes me wonder how I did not find this earlier. XD
If i helped you, some +rep would be nice...Use the report button to report fake, misleading or posts with dead links
i try tis on latest multiman file manager GAME/PS3_GAME/BLUSXXXX/TROPDIR/NPWR01225_00 not sure is int/ext hdd but once deleted i check again those trophy on the xmb and it still there .. so i start a game which is the one earlier i deleted the trophy want and is pop out a msg something like (register trophy error) then it bring me back to xmb and nw i couldn't start the game to play .. so wat should i do ?
No Gaming No Lifes !!!!!!