Note: You need to have atleast one PS3 game on your HDD.
Note: If you do not, you can either FTP a game to it or you can run multiMAN, insert any original PS3 game, hover over the game and press triangle, then click on copy.
Note: Once you've created that backup, take out the disc and proceed with the tutorial.
1. Insert a FAT32 formatted USB to the right-side port of your ps3 and run multiman.
2. After it loads , start file manager/mmOS ( its an option that is there in Multiman)
(NOTE: shortcut to start multiman's file manager SELECT+START)
If a file manager is not open, click on PS3 root.
3.when using file manager , go to to /dev_hdd/GAMES/* any game u have*/
( example: /dev_hdd/GAMES/CODBOP2/)
and open the PS3_DISK.SFB file(or the param.sfo file of the game) by pressing 'X' 2 times on it.
4. after u open the .SFB file u can see a lot of numbers ,shown in a hex-decimal form,
as shown in the image
press SELECT and u will get a LV2 View.
5. when on LV2 view press start , (that is after we pressed select in step 4.)
6. you will then get a message " Do u want to export GAMEOS LV2 memory to a file",press no, then it will show a message asking " Do u want to export HV LV1 memory to a file" say no for this as well, and then u will get a 3rd message asking "Do u want to export FLASH memory to a file" say yes to this.and it will start the dumbing process.the dumb will be saved to the root of ur usb.
7. you can now exit multiman, disconnect the usb from ur ps3 and connect it to your pc,
and inside the USB u can find a file named 201***FLASH-NOR-FW.3.55.NORBIN (if ur ps3 has NOR) or 201***FLASH-NAND-FW.3.55.NANDBIN( if ur ps3 is having NAND).
Transfer nand/nor back up to your computer and keep it safe.