Thanks for Your Donations
Anyone who needs a dongle, I have one that I will be willing to ship to you. All you have to do is cover shipping costs. It's a ps3break 1.2 and already has the mHex files flashed to it.
Don't get Pwnied.
I still have no luck, here is what I did Error while trying to unbrick dex-cex console And for those looking for the files (The ones at the wiki are dead) I found this link in the internet that might help http://www.mediafire.com/?l2jbv6bbhayz2
e3 card reader fixed mine after the psp and the ps3go didnt work,
That's good to hear! I only have an xplain board that I can't even flash with the psgrade hex. It doesn't get recognized.
Originally Posted by hogwheeley
Used Ti-84 with Brandown's PS3 jig emulator to enter service mode. Worked perfectly.
It is simple. I have just unbriked my ps3 today. I've bricked it when i tried to turn it back form dex 3.55 cfw. I bought a ps3key dongle and i update it with downgrade firmware from ps3key site. Then i folow the method you ve described at the start of this post . I put the dongle on the far right usb port and after unpluged the power cord and turned it on again i press first power and enject realy quick and thats it the ps3 turned off without a beep. Then removed the dongle and put on the same port the usb with lvl2 and pup files and all its done. I hope it will helps you all
Thanks a lot man!!! *BROFIST*
Originally Posted by Kuzco
Almost a month later, and 20 USD shorter I got the card reader on the mailbox today and VOILA!
Second try now I'm back from the dead modafukazzzzzzzz...!!!!
The least I can do is explain my process, so it might help other good folks around who still are having trouble and have the chance to get an E3 Card Reader. I know this is a subject beaten to death but hey, most guides differ on something, so this is my story...
PS3 Slim 320 GiB, bricked.
E3 Card Reader.
32 GB USB stick.
Mountain Lion 10.8.2.
1. Copy e3downgrade 12.03.bin (unrenamed) to E3 partition on the E3CardReader.
2. Copy Lv2diag.self (FILE1) and Rogero CFW 3.55 - 3.7a (rared file, rename to PS3UPDAT.PUP) to USB Stick, on the root, no other files or folders present (for the sake of it, I always unmount with CleanMyDrive to delete the pesky trash files).
3. Unplug PS3 from power outlet.
4. Plug E3CardReader on the rightmost USB slot of the PS3.
5. Plug PS3 to power and immediately after power button turns red, press POWER then EJECT. I first tried very fast POWER-EJECT (so that EJECT doesn't sound at all) but it did not work!!! So in the second try, I simply press POWER then in an elegant motion EJECT so that EJECT button sounds (so you hear blip from POWER then the triple blip from EJECT or whatever). If all works fine the E3CardReader turns BLUE (on failed attempt it just turned RED), stays on for some seconds then the PS3 shuts down without hearing any bleeps (the dreaded quintuple bleeps of death).
6. Extract off E3CardReader and insert USB stick.
7. Press POWER button and now it should stay there for a while, reading and reading (it's formatting your drive and whatnot). Probably for about 1.5 minutes or less. Then it shuts down again. You can check the LOG on the USB Stick after this I guess (I did not, but later found out it had said things about formatting and CEX).
8. Extract USB stick and press POWER button. Now if all went fine you should see a 480p (so to speak) boot with Rogero on it and then the XMB with a transparent red box saying "Factory/Service Mode".
9. Press POWER button.
10. Copy Lv2diag.self (FILE2) to USB Stick, on the root, no other files or folders present.
11. Insert USB Stick again, press POWER button, it should quickly read some stuff for a couple seconds and shut down.
12. Extract USB stick and press POWER button, now it should boot into configuration menu like if you just bought the PS3.
Anyway, I'm so glad I got this working. Thanks to all for the help and specially Kuzco for convincing me to get the E3 stick form modchip (days before they shut down business hehehe).
Guess Imma try some delicious 4.x CEX now
Do I have to download payload pack including all hermes' and kakaroto's payloads
I already had factory service mode installed on my PS3 before I had bricked. Do I still need a dongle to unbrick? Could I just go through the process and skip the steps for the dongle?