I spent literally hours now trying to attach my userid to a downloaded savegame, but without success. I followed several tutorials and have made many searches, but there doesnt seem to be a clear solution to my problem. Here what I am trying to do:
Goal: run another savegame for Final Fantasy XIII (BCAS-25005) on my PS3
1. I downloaded a 'perfect start' savegame for Final Fantasy XIII (MRTC-00003) from gamefaqs (link: http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/ps3/s...asy_xiii_d.zip) which runs fine despite being from another region. As usual, since this savegame is not associated with my ID, I can load and run the game but not save while playing this savegame.
2. Copied my original FFXIII (BCAS-25005) savegame to my USB stick via PS3 XMB.
3. Downloaded BSD 4.3.3 and opened the my original savegame, right-clicked on my profile, SET PARAM.SFO for profile 1, and selected the SFO file of the orginal FFX13.
4. Opened the downloaded FFX13 save (MRTC-00003), selected the entry, pressed the blue REBUILD button and fully rebuilt the save with my Profile1 information. After this, the MRTC0003 savegame has a changed np_account number which now matches my original BCAS-25005 savegame.
5. closed BSD and deleted the SFO_ORIGINAL backup file in the MRTC-00003 savegame folder (doesnt matter anyway....)
6. copy the modified savegame onto my PS3 HDD, start FFX13, and when pressing LOAD from the load game menu, the bar stops at 50% telling me error 80029207 that my data is corrupt.
Problems throughout the process:
1. When selecting my original FFXIII SFO file in BSD, a popup asks me to enter a friendly name (I used my PSN ID). After entering, the updated profile information in BSD are listed as "PSN name [BLANK]'. I assume BLANK should actually be the userID that BSD should have gotten from my original SFO.
2. Since I am running on OFW with E3 ODE PRO, I cannot easily lookup my Console ID, thus my console_id in BSD is '00000000000000000000000000000000'
3. when taking a look at the global.conf file in BSD, my user_id and console_id are both only 0's
My dilemma is that I just cannot find a way to update BSD with my actual user_id, respectively I myself have no way to manually look up my userid since I am running OFW... Also, the icing on the cake basically, BSD tells me that there are no cheat codes available for my FFXIII version, which is frustrating since all I want to do is increase my CP and GIL scores in the save.
I really hope someone can help since this is driving me crazy. It is a simple thing to do, but just doesnt want to work....