Thanks for Your Donations
GTA 3 Graphics modding guide (must see)!
GTA 3 Graphics modding guide (must see)!
ENABLING A5 EFFECTS ON A4 DEVICES:
All us Iphone 4 users (A4 chip) know how many graphical features were removed from GTA 3 in favor of a `performance boost`! These include:
*No traffic lights
*No car lights
*No night lights (including pole lights)
*Basically no light effects AT ALL, not even the sun effects!
*No blood effects
Did all these (apparently unnecessary) sacrifices give crispy, solid performance? NO!
The game is still jittery and sometimes reaches unplayable framerates on iphone 4. Well, then why should we deal with much less pretty graphics if there is a way to enjoy this:
By modding the gta3.set file.
1. Download XVI32 (or any other hex editor you like)
2. Download iExplorer (a program that lets you browse files on your iphone)
3. Open iExplorer and connect your iphone 4 (with gta 3 installed) to your PC via USB.
4. You should see a selection of catalogs of your iphone 4 in iExplorer. Under APPS, find gta3 (a folder with a name starting with com.rockstargames...). in that folder, open the `Documents` folder. There should be a gta3.set file there.
5. Extract the file and open it with a hex editor (e.g. XVI32)
6. Find the following registers to enable the effects:
Register 0x67C is responsible for enabling \ disabling lighting effects (lights, lamps, flashing lights): 00 - off, 02 - on
Register 0x678 is responsible for enabling \ disabling shadows under objects: 00 - off, 01 - on
Register 0x676 is responsible for resolution... in Ipad 80 (HiRes), in DHD 19 (LowRes)"
7. FOR DRAW DISTANCE:
view distance varies gta3.set at offset 0x568. Here are all the levels are taken from the PC version, since the maximum
"66 66 E6", Maximum drawing distance
"66 66 DE",
"66 66 D6",
"66 66 CE",
"66 66 C6",
"66 66 BE",
"66 66 B6 ",
" 66 66 AE ", Medium drawing distance (good compromise performance/quality)
" 66 66 A6 ",
" 66 66 9E ",
" 66 66 96 "
" 66 66 8E ",
" 66 66 86 ",
" CC CC 7C ",
" CC CC 6C ",
" CC CC 5C ",
" CD CC 4C ". Minimum drawing disance
" CC CC A4 " iOS A4 chipset drawing distance (some sort of custom value)
8. Using the above instructions, edit the gta3.set file, and place it back in the Documents folder in iExplorer (replacing the old file). I found that medium draw distance, no shadows and all other effects enabled actually BOOSTS performance on the iphone 4 AND looks HEAPS better than the default preset Rockstar gave us.
9. Open GTA 3 on your iphone, and go to options - controls - reset defaults
10. Enjoy your much better looking and performing GTA 3!
IMPORTANT: you do NOT need to jailbreak or pirate the game in order to get these features!
PRESET FILESreset gta3.set file (no shadows, lights, med. draw distance, better textures, blood etc.):gta3.set
Another preset with MAX. Graphics settings (blood, shadows, max. draw distance, traffic lights): gta3.set MAX
First preset file with enabled traffic lights and better blood (best preset so far/no FPS lost): gta3.set BEST
UPDATE:For some bizarre reason, when shadows are turned off, traffic lights and blood get turned off as well. So if you are willing to sacrifice 2-3 FPS for those, enable shadows
COMING SOON: Custom vehicles guide + enabling Xbox vehicles for A4 devices!
+REP ME IF I WAS HELPFUL
GTA 3 Mobile 'HD' Mod: GTA 3 Mobile HD.rar
*Better grass, roads, sidewalks
*All XBOX Cars
iOS "ultimate" Tweaked GTA3.SET file.
This is my personal tweaked GTA3.set file for iOS devices running A4 chipset (ipod touch 4th gen, iphone 4, iphone 4s).
It requires a Retina Display device along with the A4 to work.
Whats in the file:
- Based on iphone 4s (A5) default gta3.set
- Retina Display resolution / fixed controls
- Medium drawing distance
- Traffic lights
- Car lights/Light trails
- Dynamic Shadows/Weather change
- Lights refractions/World reflections (puddles)
- Real time debris scattering (papers, leafs, etc etc)
- Blood/Money drop from corpses (uncensored)
- English language
- Disabled Frame Limiter
framerate is a bit lower than normal on my iphone 4 with iOS 5.
Unlike other's gta3.set files, this one implements mainly the real time scattering of leafs and papers, along with increased particles.
Some other added features in the pc version such Widescreen and Disabled Frame Limiter/Vsync are also added.
Tags for this Thread