PDA

View Full Version : Help with burning backups/Game-Enhancer 7

adambueller
24th October 2009, 08:03 AM
Hey everyone. I just recently came across an original psx with the i/o paralell port and everything. I went out and bought a game enhancer (those things that look like knock off gamesharks) and i remember it working perfectly with backups years ago when i first had one. Well I'm trying to use it now and for whatever reason out of like 14 games I've burned only 2 of them are working.

I read about using a game that has alot of tracks on it, which I'm using a game with 7 tracks so that can't be the problem as most that i've seen only have 1. i don't know if i'm burning them correctly or not. I've been using IMGBurn and burning them at 1x speed but every disk I try doesn't seem to do anything. I am also using Verbatim cd-r. I have no idea what the problem is.

N1ghtWalff
24th October 2009, 11:36 AM
Hey everyone. I just recently came across an original psx with the i/o paralell port and everything. I went out and bought a game enhancer (those things that look like knock off gamesharks) and i remember it working perfectly with backups years ago when i first had one. Well I'm trying to use it now and for whatever reason out of like 14 games I've burned only 2 of them are working.

I read about using a game that has alot of tracks on it, which I'm using a game with 7 tracks so that can't be the problem as most that i've seen only have 1. i don't know if i'm burning them correctly or not. I've been using IMGBurn and burning them at 1x speed but every disk I try doesn't seem to do anything. I am also using Verbatim cd-r. I have no idea what the problem is.

I don't know about using a game enhancer to pay backups, my chipped PS1 still works fine and PsOne is very well emulated now.

However, there's a few things that can go wrong with what you said. IMGBurn is good, but I find Alcohol 120% works better for PsOne... you can set Playstation as the disc type. Also, burning at 1x is a bit slow... I'm all for burning slower to avoid errors, but remember that CDs have a maximum AND a minimum burn speed... between 4x and 8x would be better. If that still fails, then try a different brand of cds.

adambueller
24th October 2009, 03:25 PM
i'll try to see if i can find a crack for alcohol. didn't know it had a playstation setting. hopefully that will work alot better. if verbatim cds don't work i'll have to try memorex or tdk. thanks for the info.

adambueller
24th October 2009, 09:30 PM
sorry for the double post...

i downloaded and tried using alcohol and i still get the same results. nothing i have done so far is working.

chimpz
29th October 2009, 10:39 PM
you should try CloneCD it is the best for burning psx games and it can also make copies of copy protected games too.

adambueller
30th October 2009, 10:06 PM
i'll give CloneCD a try. that's about the only thing i haven't tried so far. I'm almost convinced it's the disks though. Does anyone know if Verbatim is a bad brand to burn PSX games on?

Billietheboy
31st October 2009, 03:45 AM
Hi there, two weeks ago I tried to burn two games (PS1) for a buddy of mine. It was "Abe`s Exodus" and "Skull Monkey"...Ive extracted the files, there was no error or incompleted files...Ive also used alcohol 120% in playstation modus and burned the games with 4x speed...but the games didnt work. My buddys PS1 is modded with a chip, that have always worked fine. My question is now: We are from germany...could it be, that only pal-versions will run, because Ive downloaded the english version???Please forgive my bad english and have a nice weekend...

N1ghtWalff
31st October 2009, 07:41 AM
Hi there, two weeks ago I tried to burn two games (PS1) for a buddy of mine. It was "Abe`s Exodus" and "Skull Monkey"...Ive extracted the files, there was no error or incompleted files...Ive also used alcohol 120% in playstation modus and burned the games with 4x speed...but the games didnt work. My buddys PS1 is modded with a chip, that have always worked fine. My question is now: We are from germany...could it be, that only pal-versions will run, because Ive downloaded the english version???Please forgive my bad english and have a nice weekend...

PS1 games are region-protected; even if that chip can bypass this, your tv also has to support it. I would suggest burning a PAL game to see if your method works... it looks to me like you're doing it right.

chimpz
31st October 2009, 08:15 AM
yea u r right n1ghtwalff ps1 games are region-protected just like ps2 games. You could try out importplayer boot disk which has video mode that can be change to either NTSC or Pal which is similar to the breaker pro but this importplayer came before the breaker pro it was clone of that importplayer but anyway here is the link http://www.megagames.com/psx/psx_utils.shtml Hope that helps dood :D and adambueller if your Verbatim cd-r dont work u can try different media i will go for sony or memorex cd-r to burn my ps1 backup.

adambueller
31st October 2009, 02:35 PM
i tried cloneCD and i still get the exact same result. nothing is working. it's got to be the disks, what's the best brand to buy for burning PSX?

N1ghtWalff
31st October 2009, 08:16 PM
i tried cloneCD and i still get the exact same result. nothing is working. it's got to be the disks, what's the best brand to buy for burning PSX?

Fuji, Maxell and Sony have always worked very well for me and my PsOne. Most of my games are on Sony and Maxell but I read that for some people Maxell doesn't work. It's trial and error at that point... stick to the main brand names, stay away from no names or Memorex.

adambueller
2nd November 2009, 10:33 PM
Damn, and memorex was the next ones I was going to try. I'll have to wait til staples has the sony cds on sale

chimpz
2nd November 2009, 10:53 PM
dood u better off getting a hacked psp and play psx games is way better believe me dood and btw memorex cd-r doesnt fail on me but i prefer the sony cd-r btw tho. the game enchancer are u talking about is that dongle thing knock off that like a gameshark goes in the back i remember i had a friend who got that. Too bad they are no way to swap a disc for games that are mult-disk game like chrono cross dont let u save before swapping disc when u complete 1st disc. My psx was chipped i didnt know about the game enhancer that time. I hate swapping disc each time u play a game tho i prefer modchip cause it selfboot game which doesnt require swapping do u know about bootdisk called breakerpro that is a knockoff of importplayer dood it the same ****ing thing lol. It was a replacement for a modchip but it sucks cause it dont work for mult-disk game it the same with game enhancer which doesnt require the dongle crap lol.

N1ghtWalff
3rd November 2009, 10:54 AM
dood u better off getting a hacked psp and play psx games is way better believe me dood and btw memorex cd-r doesnt fail on me but i prefer the sony cd-r btw tho. the game enchancer are u talking about is that dongle thing knock off that like a gameshark goes in the back i remember i had a friend who got that. Too bad they are no way to swap a disc for games that are mult-disk game like chrono cross dont let u save before swapping disc when u complete 1st disc. My psx was chipped i didnt know about the game enhancer that time. I hate swapping disc each time u play a game tho i prefer modchip cause it selfboot game which doesnt require swapping do u know about bootdisk called breakerpro that is a knockoff of importplayer dude it the same ****ing thing lol. It was a replacement for a modchip but it sucks cause it dont work for mult-disk game it the same with game enhancer which doesnt require the dongle crap lol.

I agree... if you can get your hands on a psx with a modchip, it will make your life a lot easier and they shouldn't be very expensive now. Otherwise, the PSX is very well emulated with ePSXe.

As for memorex, the thing is they buy batches of discs from other companies, so it depends on which batches you got. They also worked for me for a long time, then I bought a spindle of dual layer DVDs and 20 out of 25 didn't work... I didn't have the bill anymore and that was when DLs were still quite expensive so I now stay away from it.

adambueller
4th November 2009, 12:06 AM
i have a hacked psp, but i hate how most of the games play on that. plus, i only have so much room on the memory stick ya know. i'd much rather have a stack of CDs rather than eboots taking up room on my computer.

N1ghtWalff
4th November 2009, 12:19 AM
i have a hacked psp, but i hate how most of the games play on that. plus, i only have so much room on the memory stick ya know. i'd much rather have a stack of CDs rather than eboots taking up room on my computer.

you're not trying to run burned eboots on your PSX, are you?

chimpz
4th November 2009, 12:31 AM
i dont think he that stupid to run eboots on actual psx lol. btw i see why u dont like playing on psp cuz some games need some sort popsloader in order to play it but then again a psx games is best playing on the actual psx system itself then rather then emulator or ps2 etc... well your only option is to get a modchip dood it make your life easier and u could probably get it cheap one online and solder it yourself or have someone else solder it for u.

adambueller
4th November 2009, 12:59 AM
you're not trying to run burned eboots on your PSX, are you?

lol i am not that dumb. it's got to be something with the playstation, though i can't think of anything that would be preventing it from running copies. even before i got the game enhancer the swap trick wouldn't work either (leading me to believe i was burning them wrong) but I don't see how I could be at this point. even the sony cd-rs aren't working now. i don't know anything about soldering, but i'm guessing it's not too hard. anyone know how cheap you can get a psx modchip for nowadays?

chimpz
4th November 2009, 01:49 AM
psx modchip are hard to find these day. How i got my modchip was from a friend of mines introduced me to this guy who can install modchip on any psx he charge me $60 for it to be mod and i can choose up to 6 games for free but that year ago. Try researching on net. go google it u can probably find one for cheap price. btw what game u trying to run on your psx? i dont play psx games no more if i want to play it. I play it on psp since i dont have to deal with disc swapping depend tho what game i am playing i need to know which popsloader play best for the game and i gotta love the cwcheat and docmaker for walkthrough convert to dat file it kickass lol.

N1ghtWalff
4th November 2009, 09:23 AM
lol i am not that dumb. it's got to be something with the playstation, though i can't think of anything that would be preventing it from running copies. even before i got the game enhancer the swap trick wouldn't work either (leading me to believe i was burning them wrong) but I don't see how I could be at this point. even the sony cd-rs aren't working now. i don't know anything about soldering, but i'm guessing it's not too hard. anyone know how cheap you can get a psx modchip for nowadays?

lol I didn't think so, but if you've been on forums for a little while you know that you can't assume anything!

If you can't find a chip, you might be able to find a pre-chipped console for about the same price.

adambueller
4th November 2009, 04:06 PM
i found the solution. the games were burning just fine (i knew i couldn't be doing it wrong that many times), game enhancer works great. everything is good, the only catch is i have to play with my psx on its side for some reason. but doing that, everything works perfect.

chimpz
4th November 2009, 09:30 PM
yo dood did u encounter any fmv skip when u play a game? u should put your psx upside down cause that what i did to avoid the video skip in games and the game run smooth it kinda weird tho lol

adambueller
4th November 2009, 11:08 PM
no fmv skips. everything works perfect. i'm thinking about picking up some double sided tape so I can secure the psx sideways in my entertainment center lol